Many Ohioans have been waiting for the opportunity to engage in legal sports betting. What’s the latest, and what will it mean for casual and active bettors?
Is Sports Betting Legal in Ohio?
Sports betting is officially live in Ohio as of January 1, 2023. You will be able to bet on popular sportsbooks both online and in-person.
Can You Bet on Sports Online in Ohio?
On January 1, 2023, you will be able to bet online in Ohio. Major sportsbook operators like DraftKings, FanDuel, Caesars, Barstool, PointsBet, and BetMGM will be among some of the first mobile sports betting apps going live.
Best Ohio Betting Promo Offers
There are a number of promotional offers you can claim for each sportsbook as you preregister if you are an Ohio resident. Here are some of the top offers currently available for Ohioans across sportsbooks:
- As a new user on DraftKings Sportsbook, you can win a $100K Free Bet Sweepstakes and receive $200 in Free Bets when you sign up in Ohio on DraftKings.
- Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook in Ohio and receive $100 in Free Bets and a free 3-month subscription to NBA League Pass on launch day!
- Caesars Sportsbook has a special pre-launch offer available for Ohio sports bettors. When you join Caesars Sportsbook and make a $20 deposit, you’ll get $100 in Free Bets at launch and be entered to win Cleveland Cavaliers tickets once per week until January 1st, 2023.
- Register for BetMGM in Ohio and receive a risk-free bet of up to $1,000.
- Barstool Sportsbook’s current offer rewards new users with $150 off a $20 bet if either NFL team scores a TD in a game you bet on.
- Claim two free bets up to $2,000 when you join PointsBet today.
What Ohio Casinos Can You Bet in Person?
There are seven casinos that house a sportsbook you can bet on in Ohio:
- Hard Rock Casino, Cincinnati (Hard Rock)
- Hollywood Casino, Columbus (BetRivers and Barstool Sportsbook)
- Hollywood Casino, Toledo (DraftKings)
- Hollywood Gaming at Dayton Raceway, Dayton
- Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley Race Course, Youngstown
- Jack Cleveland Casino, Cleveland
- Jack Thistledown Racino, Cleveland
- MGM Northfield Park, Northfield
- Miami Valley Gaming, Lebanon
- Scioto Downs Racino, Columbus
Ohio Sports Betting FAQs
Do You Have To Live in Ohio To Bet Sports in Ohio?
No, you do not have to be a resident of Ohio to bet in Ohio. For instance, a resident of any U.S. state is able to travel to Ohio — vacation or otherwise — to place their bets if they’d like.
Can You Bet on College Sports in Ohio?
Yes, you can bet on not only college sports but also any professional sports. You name it, they have it — the NBA, MLB, NHL, and NFL, in addition to NASCAR and golf.
How Old Do You Need To Be To Place a Sports Bet in Ohio?
You must be at least 21 years old to place legal wagers in Ohio.
How To Track Your Bets in Ohio
And if you’re already a savvy bettor — or even if you’re still ramping up — you can save time and money thanks to the cutting-edge sports bet tracker, Pikkit. Sign up for Pikkit to track all of your betting accounts in one place, showing you the most favorable betting lines with a click of a button.
21+ and present in Ohio. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler.